John Willis

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:29:00 -0400, Harry Everhart
scribbled this interesting note:

Cedar shakes and shingles are simply another choice you can make in this
great country of America. If you are willing to pay for the look - go
for it. But you can not get the look any other way. And insuring the
roof is not a factor.

In some areas it is. Around here in North Central Texas, insurance
companies do charge more to insure a house with cedar shingles as
opposed to composition asphalt shingles. Why? Greater danger of fire
and more expensive to replace. Since we sometimes tend to be high and
dry during the summer months and because of the frequent springtime
hail and thunder storms, both of these factors raise the insurance
company's risk exposure when insuring a home with a cedar roof.

Just our experience and it may not apply everywhere.

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)