RicodJour

Frank J Warner wrote:
In article , Alan
Combellack wrote:

I am renovating our kitchen but don't want to spend more than I

must. The
kitchen sink is stainless and is in good condition except for lots

of little
scratches. I would appreciate advice on how best to polish it.

TIA
Alan C

Having polished more than my share of stainless steel, be advised

that
it won't be easy to do an entire kitchen sink. Most folks here are
right about using fine sandpaper. Depending on how deep the scratches
are and how shiny you want it, it's going to take a heap of paper and

heap more elbow grease to get anything like a bright, scratch-free
finish.

If you aren't interested in a totally scratch-free surface, you can

get
a fairly fine polish using a cloth buffing wheel chucked in a

cordless
drill and some stainless buffing compound. All these are available at
any big box hardware store. Make sure the buffing compound is labeled
for stainless steel.

I typically spend 8 hours or more polishing a single knife blade.

Can't
imagine doing an entire sink.

I don't think he's looking for a mirror finish. He just wants to get
rid of the scratches, or at least even out the finish.