Harry Everhart

In article ,
Duane Bozarth wrote:
Maybe not for you specifically, but certainly for some it will be (and
can be a major cost differential). As in virtually everything, to
generalize from a particular case is, in general, wrong...

It is better to cite examples - rather than to generalize off the top of
your head without any facts at all to back it up :-)

30 years of buying insurance for a cedar shake roof home and not paying
extra premium for it - certainly backs up my claim :-)

Using fabled insurance cost as a reason not to use cedar shakes - is
similar to someone not buying a Porsche because they can't afford it and
blaming it on insurance. Yes - cedar shakes cost much more - because the
materials are hard to mass produce and it takes a lot of labor to
install them. But if you like cedar shakes - go for it - I can think of
tons of worse ways to waste your money.

As someone once said - if you need excuses other than intrinsic values -
to buy or not buy something - you should not buy it. And then everyone
will have homes with white aluminum siding and asphalt roofs with tan
Toyota Corolla's in the garage. :-)

Harry