JimL

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:40:01 GMT, "bill a"
wrote:

I'm trenching out along a shallow foundation to install drainage. There is
a few tree roots here and there that I'm chopping out along the way. Is
there anything I can add to the backfill to sterilize the ground so the
roots don't grow back too quickly? I am not concerned about the welfare of
the tree itself. If it dies in the process, no problem.
Thanks
Bill

The safest procedure would be to place a barrier around your drain.
Since you already have dug the trench, I would recommend you place a
plastic barrier in the trence between the tree and the foundation.
They sell barriers at home depot.
I just dug one up around my flower bed that was placed there 30
years ago and it show no sign of deterioation.