ares

Well, most of the set is OK, it's just this one piece with most of the
problems and the other piece needing support on the drawer bottoms which was
fixed fairly easily, probably due to water damage in one corner that is
fairly superficial. It's actually from sis' mil who went to a nursing home.
I think it's from Rooms to Go, and says Made in Italy. If I were Italian,
I'd probably spray paint over that! I thought Italy was known for quality
goods.
But I know what you all mean; I would never buy something that I knew would
be that bad! My furniture is mostly handmedowns from grandparents; older
than me and I'm pushing 50
ares

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
ares wrote:
Since the furniture was given to you (not a gift from in-laws I hope!),
maybe you should cut your losses before said losses really start adding
up. If chairs came with this set, they too will break and someone will
take a spill...