TURTLE

"Paul Way" wrote in message
Hello. I have Googled for some time but can not find the answer to the
following question:

I have an oven which needs the bake element replaced (which is simple enough),
however, the rating on the element is 2600 W. The oven never did heat quickly
and seemed to do a lot of switching on and off. Can I replace the 2600 W
ewlement with a 3 kW one? I am assuming that the higher power rating would
simply mean that the oven would heat up faster, but I am not sure what other
(side)effects this might have. The specifications do not say anything
regarding this.

Can anyone help? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Way

Remove REMOVE to reply by email, or reply in this group.

This is Turtle.

1] You say the oven heats up very slowly but does heat up to right temp and
holds it. the bigger element would bring the heat of the oven up faster and in a
shorter time.

2] You say the element thermostat cuts on and off too often and seem to turn
on and off too much. Well a bigger element will even make this shorter cycles
even shorter and it will get worst and morte cycles per hour with a larger
element.

I would leave it alone and just wait for it to heat up for about 5 minutes
longer time.

TURTLE