TURTLE

"toller" wrote in message
I replaced my 20 year old HVAC two years ago; and got a 10 year extended
warranty. Since then I have had the furnace cleaned each winter.

Today I got a post card from the installer recommending that I get maintenance
on the A/C. I have always thought that A/C didn't need anything as long as
it was working okay. Is preventive maintenance necessary?

This is Turtle.

Well the Answer come in the form of a question.

If you have your car or truck serviced by the dealer where you bought it from.
Yes you should have your hvac system serviced by the dealer that sold it to you.

If you service your car or truck yourself and do all the service need to your
car or truck your self. You need to learn to do your service work to your hvac
system yourself also for you can learn to service your hvac system just like
your car. Now you can't just not let thing do as to doing them on a timely
manner. It will take some time and effort but you can do it your self.

Now 90% of the people will not take the time to do it right and just let too
much go that should be done like on your car or truck.

Now as to your question of maintainance of your hvac system really needed. If
your car or truck need maintainance so does your hvac system.

TURTLE