ares

Thanks guys;
I have a reversible cordless drill and there's probably some wood filler in
the shed I could use to build up one corner around the dowel. The stuff I
don't think is stained; the small edges seem to be veneered with something
like, uh, contac paper. Whadya know I tried drilling and the bit broke;
gotta try a new one. Sorry if my original story is confusing. Someone
repaired the other drawer bottom that wouldn't stay in the groove by
drilling in some drywall screws from the back to support it from underneath;
it's hidden but it sure looks bad when I take the drawer out. Oh, and I did
bust the triangle of wood but cut another piece with the table saw from a
2X4 from the shed.
I'll be probably having more questions coming up as there's a big to do list
and hubby started a job working 12 hours a day with little time off; I might
have to hire a handyman. (gotta cut a top off a metal barrel to make a burn
barrel and not sure what blade to put in the circular saw; and hang a large
mirror, maybe it's around 4'X6'; I won't attempt replacing the valves on the
aerator tanks!).
ares

"ares" wrote in message
I was given a bedroom set that's beautiful but made like junk; like the
bottom or drawers almost seems like reinforced cardboard put together with
an office stapler or something. It needs some repairs and it's like it's

so
junky you can't really fix it with what's already there. There was a

little
warping and the bottom wouldn't stay in the groove; I managed to fix it

with
a strip of real wood across the bottom with wood glue, and some small

nails
from the back .

Anyway, a foot came off the dresser; it's attached to a triangle of

wood(one
side attached to foot and other to bottom of dresser. The foot is sort of
like a block of wood with ridges for decoration; also had some sort of

long
narrow staples and a couple of dowels going from the dresser into the

foot.
There was some slight water damage. Anyway I'm trying to nail this

triangle
of wood to the foot with finishing nails, and the nails keep bending

before
they get into the foot. So I'm constantly hammering and rebending the

nails
and getting nowhere. What is it I might be doing wrong or what could I do
better with this. The other 2 feet seem to be secure and ok. At the
moment, I glued everything back into place with wood glue but it would

need
reinforcement. Should I drill holes? Is it unusual to have to drill a

hole
to put a nail in something, or is a finishing nail the wrong thing?
ares