Christian McArdle

What is better in terms of choise/ cost?

Terrestrial will be cheaper, as in free. Cable will cost a monthly fee, but
have a much larger range of channels.

Is the cable any different? I'like a cable that can take both?

Well, the cable for cable TV comes out of the ground. The cable for the
aerial goes to the roof. You're not going to be able to use one for the
other. I think you need to decide what sort of TV you will be having. You
could always ask for both systems to hedge your bets, although this will
cost more.

Look at:

www.freeview.co.uk (Terrestrial)
http://www.home.ntl.com/icat/home (Cable)
http://www.telewest.co.uk/ (Cable)

Put the postcode in to find if services are available in your area.

If you're going for cable, you need to decide if you will have a cable phone
or a BT phone. This may also determine which sort of broadband internet you
can choose from. ADSL requires a BT phone line, whilst a cable modem will
require you to have cable television.

Christian.