Peter Andrews

"Matthew Newton" wrote in
message
news
Hi

Sorry if this has come up before. I've had a look and tried all the
suggestions I can find, but nothing so far has worked.

Problem: Washing machine (Hoover SoftWave, about 8 years old) sticks in
the middle of the cycle, sometimes more than once. When it does, it is
letting water flush through the drum. This happens indefinitely until the
control is clicked around, and then continues as normal.

It normally happens (so I am told by my wife) soon after the programme
starts, and before it is going to do its final spin. I guess, therefore,
when it is filling up at the beginning, and for the final rinse. It
doesn't always do it, though.

I have tried the following:

Removed the programmer switch, filled with WD40 and cleaned as much as
possible without dismantling.

Checked pipe to pressure switch. Seems all clear (cleaned small plastic
pot at bottom of the pipe where it connects to the drum, but wasn't a lot
of scale in it). Pressure switch clicks at different pressures when
blowing in the pipe.

Checked output drain pipe from the bottom of the drum. Completely clear as
far as I can see. Nothing obvious in the pump, which is also clear.

Does anyone have any other ideas? There doesn't seem much more
than can be wrong with it to me, unless the programmer itself is broken
internally. There are a couple of what look like sensors on the front
of the outer plastic drum in the machine (the bit that doesn't spin
round). Don't know what they are, could they cause problems?

Have had no problems with it at all so far, and don't want to waste money
for someone to pull out a paperclip or similar, if possible!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Matthew

In the past I've solved some really 'odd' faults by simply replacing the
brushes on the motor - at less than £10 it's probably worth a try.

Peter