On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:52:42 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article 1113446187.b66deea15fca474d29cd298180604101@teran ews,
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
Good point. How is the battery life on the Fluke meters?

I'd say my 179 is good, as it has auto power down. I've never had any
meter where battery life is poor - it's leaving them switched on
accidently which causes the problem.

The meters that were running through batteries were some off brand
model about $89 back in the early 90s. Our small company bought a
bunch and they had lots of features and worked ok, except they went
through batteries fast.

The old Beckman just made like an energizer bunny and kept going.