pgg

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:54:10 -0700, Mark wrote:

agreed, you need a vapor barrier on the floor of some kind

either waterproof paint or plastic

Here in Wisconsin, most carpet in basements are installed _without_
waterproof paint or plastic. I called many many places for
recommendations and they all said that carpet directly over the slab is
the best way to go because any vapor emission is vented through the carpet
instead of getting trapped behind plastic causing mold to grow under the
plastic.

I was surprised too. My brother-in-law paid lots of money for a
professional contractor to finish his basement and carpet was laid
directly on the slab.