bill a

The tree is on city rightaway, so I can't take the tree out, unfortunately.
It is already in decline and will probably die anyway in a few years,
but the city always waits until it is an emergency (or has destroyed
property)
before they take them down.

bill

"Goedjn" wrote in message

I'm trenching out along a shallow foundation to install drainage. There
is
a few tree roots here and there that I'm chopping out along the way. Is
there anything I can add to the backfill to sterilize the ground so the
roots don't grow back too quickly? I am not concerned about the welfare
of
the tree itself. If it dies in the process, no problem.

Take the tree out first, then.