Joseph Meehan

a12vman wrote:
I am currently finishing 75 % of my basement area. The remainder of
the area will remain unifinished (all the mechanicals and some
storage). The foundation is block and I do have a sump pump so
things are dry. As a last step in the project I plan to install
carpet. I do have a decent size dehumidifier to keep the moisture
level down. Is there a humidity threshold that I should stay at or
below to avoid the musty smell that could develop over time? My house
is 7 years old and I do have Central Air. However, there are no cold
air return vents in the basement.

Thanks,
-a12vman

I would want that 75% (how are you measuring this?) down to no more than
60% at any time. I would suggest you likely need more ventilation. I
suggest you have a HVAC professional come out and do the numbers (Manual D)
to see what should be done.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit