Doug Miller

In article , Tom Watson wrote:
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 01:34:07 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Tom Watson

wrote:
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:31:52 -0500, j walker wrote:

Why isn't the calculation above (1-1/2 + 1-1/2) x 8 = 24

I didn't want to address this in the previous post because I was
trying to be polite.

Upon further reflection and given the potential ramifications of
misunderstanding, I thought it best to inform you that 1.5 x 1.5 x 8 =
18.

True, but irrelevant: he said (1.5 + 1.5) x 8 = 24, which it does.

If you are making these kind of mistakes, for gawd's sake don't do
your own engineering.

Ahem....

Douglas:

Did I have to make the obvious point that the calculation was without
merit?

I don't know whether it had merit or not; didn't see what led up to it. But it
was calculated correctly.

--
Regards,