DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Gerald Miller wrote:
On 17 Apr 2005 20:32:37 -0400, (DoN. Nichols)
wrote:

You're right. One of the problems of having to put on glasses
to read the small type in the _Handbook_, and having to take them off to
see the screen at about 24" distance from my eyes.

My Optometrist set me up with a set of glasses recommended for data
entry people.They are basically upside down bi-focals with the small
mid range lenses in the upper portion. It took me a couple weeks to
get used to them, but they work great for me and I even use them when
reading in bed.

Well -- I've got bifocals, too -- but I work with the screen far
enough away so I don't need the glasses for that. The close work inset
is on the bottom, for detail work, and the main parts are tuned for the
distance to my lathe chuck while standing. They *are* true safety
glasses, for this very reason.

But you know -- back when that book was new (1961), the type was
a *lot* larger than it is now. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |