Peter Grey

Default Tubing bender questions

Hi all,

I'm investigating buying a tubing bender. Eventually I'll want to bend
tubing for a car chassis, but currently I have a need to do some decorative
type bending of square and round tubing.

I know that the Hossfield and its knockoffs will do a good job for the
chassis tubes, but I'm wondering if they can do increasing or decreasing
radius bends for the decorative stuff. I'm thinking that I could make a
series of low angle bends, each one with a larger or smaller radius than the
bend previous to "simulate" a long variable radius bend. Can the Hossfield
type benders do this? The info I can glean from the various sites I've
visited, makes me suspect that these benders can't, but since I've never
used a tubing bender before, I could easily be wrong. Can someone enlighten
me?

Thanks,

Peter