Doug Miller

In article .com, "Elliott Plack, USAR" wrote:
Besides smoke detectors, what other detectors should everyone have? I
ask because I have heard mixed opinions about CO detectors.

If you have gas appliances in your home, they make sense.

Do they
make something that can sense natural gas leaks?

The human nose. :-)

What about water in the basement, and can they automatically turn off
the water/gas/electricity in an emergency?

Yes, there are water detectors available. The only ones I've seen just sound
an alarm.

Any others?

http://www.smarthome.com

--