no(SPAM)vasys

Bob G. wrote:
My son in law asked me to make a "set" of pantry doors for him...

Normal HEIGHT but only 15 inches wide.. and the standard thickness of
an interior door...

Just a simple question as I have never made a door such as this before

Wood stability ..(.twist etc) . how much should I expect... and what
steps should I take to minimize that.. I will be gluing up the
door...and they will have glass in the top section...

Hate ot make the doors and have them deform in 5 months...

Since this is on my nickel and the doors will be painted I planned on
using Poplar...

Bob Griffiths

I've made raised panel bi-fold doors for two bedroom closets and one
walk-in linen closest off our bathroom, two were oak and one white pine.
All were finished with dewaxed shellac. The door openings were all
standard height and 30" wide (15" wide panels)and made from 3/4" stock.
I started with kiln dried lumber and let it acclimatize to the house
before milling the lumber. The newest is the bathroom door and it's
about two years old. None have twisted or bowed, even in the humid
bathroom environment.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA