Bjarte Runderheim

"toller" skrev i melding
http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/chair.jpg

This chair has gotten wobbly enought that I don't think it is safe to sit
in, but I can't pull it apart to reglue it. I have put a fair amount of
force, but it will not budge anymore than shown in the photo. I am afraid
to force it, as I expect it will do some difficult to repair damage.

Any suggestions. Would working some glue in and clamping it do anything?

I assume it is held together by dowels, but do not actually know.

I would try to force it apart just so much that I could see how it is
put together.
Then drill a thin hole from the inside into the cavity, and press
glue into it. Clamp and let dry.

Another way is to try to insert some HotStuff or something,
maybe also through a thin hole from the inside of the chair.

Bjarte

Bjarte