Mark D. Zacharias

pertnoy wrote:
$4000 for a cd player?, what`s it made from, Gold. I`ve had Yamaha,
Sony , Norcent etc....playing through pretty good amplifiers and
speakers, if any difference in sound, it ain`t much.

"pranza" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well, if cd player plays good, it can cost even $4000. Norcent
proabably makes some sound-like noise and in the end is worth $40
with all bells whistles One who want to listen to music would
never buy such thing.

Some people will spend thousands trying to get that last .005% of sound
quality.
And although snake oil is rampant in those price ranges, it's not too hard
for me to believe that a high-quality, nicer built unit will usually sound
better than some little piece of crap. Maybe just better analog stages.

Mark Z.