Franc Zabkar

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 06:26:01 -0400, "Leonard Caillouet"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I am familiar with the procedure you mentioned and did a search of the
archives and the FAQ, as I mentioned. I would still like to know the
mapping of the addresses to be able to extract service parameters and do the
correction to the mute address. If I have to desolder one pin I might as
well pull it and read/archive the data from the EEPROM. I am getting a
pretty good collection of EEPROM data that has proved useful for testing.
The question of what parameters are where in the hex addresses is still an
open one. Occasionally I get a dead set that I can still extract data from
the EEPROM and the tuning parameters would be nice to pull. Most dead ones,
of course, are impossible to get any data from.

IMO any TV design that cannot bootstrap itself from a blank EEPROM is
extremely shoddy. I recommend that the designer be beaten about the
head with a blunt instrument. Is it asking too much for a programmer
to have seeded the uC's ROM with a basic working configuration which
could be automatically downloaded into the EEPROM in the event of a
checksum error? Apparently so.

Anyway, it surprises me that nobody (?) has taken the trouble to map
out the EEPROM addresses. It would seem to me that the most logical
way to uncover the locations of the various functions is to socket the
EEPROM and dump its contents after each parameter change. shrug

BTW, I think disabling the mute circuit in hardware is a half-assed patch.

I'm curious about this turn of phrase. It begs the question, is there
a full-arsed anything? ;-)

- Franc Zabkar