Tattooed and Dusty

Yeah, I ruled out the stanley planes at some point. I like the lower
price, but want my handtools to provide pleasure while using, as well
as give me a good value. The feel of the stanley tools in my hand
doesn't inspire any confidence in their use, something I find to be the
case with Lie-Nielson and most wood body tools.

Thanks for the thoughts on planes though. I imagine I will try a
Veritas shoulder plane and see what I think of it. If nothing else the
initial cost is lower than the Clifton, so even if I end up with a wood
body plane, I won't be out as much money.

Still hoping for thoughts on japanese chisels though.

Andrew