Harold and Susan Vordos

"Wayne" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 02:57:10 -0700, Harold and Susan Vordos
wrote:

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I have an industrial Quincy 5hp 2-stage compressor and it can just

about
run a 1/4" die grinder at 100% duty cycle while still keeping the air
pump below 50% duty cycle (the desired goal). - GWE

You have what is likely one of the finest compressors that were
available at
the time of its manufacture.

Harold

Harold,

Based on one of your previous posts, I've been working on getting a
Quincy. I'll get a quote on Monday. My old home made one got a
pin hole in the tank. Had it for 27 years. Time to give it up.

Wayne D.

Hi Wayne,
As I recall, Quincy introduced a line that is not up to the standard of
which I speak, although I can't imagine it isn't of good quality. I paid
just under $1,000 for my 5 horse 80 gallon horizontal unit when it was
purchased. About 12 years ago, while I was still in Utah, I went back to
the dealership from which it was purchased to buy the gasket that was
leaking. Out of curiosity, I inquired as to the cost of the same unit at
the time, and was shocked to find it had gone up to something like $3,000,
but they had a line that was less expensive. Unfortunately, I didn't
manage to learn what the differences were.

Here in logging country (the greater NW region, where we grow Douglas Fir
250' tall), skidders, the large four wheeled devices used for dragging the
logs in, are all equipped with Quincy 10 horse compressors, identical in
every way with the head on my 5 horse, but larger. I've yet to discover
what the purpose is. One thing for sure is they use the best quality
available so they're not shut down unnecessarily.

Good luck buying the new one. I can't imagine you'd be unhappy with it,
even if it's one of the later models. Sure would appreciate reading a
report should you get it.

Harold