Steve B.

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 08:57:14 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello:

New at this lawn mowing "fun".

Need to purchase a mower, of the walk-behind, self propelled type.
Looked a bit at Toro and Craftsman

My experience with the squeeze to go faster types is that they are
more trouble than they are worth and uncontrollable. It's very hard
to hold the handle at any other position than full on when you are
using the machine.

I have had a Lawnboy for about six years now and it has never had the
first issue. I'm in south FL so it gets worked often and hard with a
ten month mowing season. Between the two options you listed I would
choose the Toro but if buying a new one right now I would also take a
hard look at the Honda mowers. They are a bit more money but seem to
be significantly better than your average bear.

Steve B.