Julie P.

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Julie P. wrote:
Hi, I live on the first floor of a house The upstairs tenant has a window
AC unit, and it drips directly on mine when he is running his. This makes
an annoying continual noise and it bothers me since the window is right
next to my computer. The AC units cannot be located to other windows.

Can anything be done about this? Thanks!

Put a piece of plywood or a shingle on top to catch the drip; put it at a
steep angle toward the back so the drop won't be as loud and so it will
run off.

You could also put a tuna can on top to catch the drip, with a hole its
side near the bottom (so it will drain) and put some fiberglass batting
(etc.) inside to keep it quiet. This will make a rust stain on top of
your A/C, but who can see that anyway.

Hope this helps, :-)
Bob

Thanks Bob! I like this idea. And I don;t even have to put a hole in the
side, since it will eventually overflow anyway! Now I just need to find a
way to secure the can. Maybe Velcro adhesive tape?