Mike

"Egremont" wrote in message
Central heating system under construction, incl 200L direct thermal store,
contains about 270-300L of water - quite a bit more than average, I would
think.

Would the standard 4 gallon F&E tank be adequate, or should I consider a
bigger tank - i.e. would the 4G tank be subject to frequent overflow
episodes due to normal expansion/contraction?. If so is the next size up

25
gallons?.

From experience with an even bigger system it will manage normal operation
fine but if you undertake the test of the over-temp safety thermostat on the
boiler the water boils so much that it blows out of the top of the tank and
soaks the loft.