:::Jerry::::

"ht" wrote in message
I've had a Flymo Turbo Compact 300 for eight years. At the end of
last summer I clipped a brick in the garden when mowing. There was

crunch and the machine cut out.

snip

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is and what I can do to
solve it?

Don't know one 'Flymo' from another, and certainly non that have an
impeller fan (turbo) but from what you describe it sounds like these
machine could well have a centrifugal clutch, the sudden stalling of
the blades due to the brick has probably broken something within this
unit - hence the noise.

I suspect that the machine is indeed, in effect, beyond economical
repair if you will have to pay someone to look at it.