snowdog

A supplier to try is Stewart MacDonalds Guitar Shop Supply, you'll find
everything you need books, wood, electronics, etc.. Their catalogs are
kinda cool too because each one has different tips and techniques woven in
to the product listings. I've been using them for years ( I build acoustics
when time allows) and have never had a problem. They also have kits that
include everything you need, that's what I suggest for first timers
(minimizes problems and builds confidence)

Links is http://www.stewmac.com/

John C

"Glen" wrote in message
nk.net...
I am interested in making my own bass guitar (solid body), although I don't
know much about it. I know I have the woodworking skills and I know the
feel I like in a bass, but of much of fine detail of what would make a good
intrument (internal cuts and mechanisms, etc.), I am quite ignorant. I
started in two of my local libraries - and nothing. I googled for books to
order on the topic, but got a huge list, but I don't know if any of them
are worth a damn.

I know from past discussions that there are a few guitar makers here,
could one of you suggest a good book on the topic that I can either order
or get through inter-library loan?

TIA
Glen