DL

"Winthrop Chan" winthrop_chan at hot mail dot com wrote in message
I was browsing the Sunhill Machinery website the other day and I noticed
this:

http://www.sunhillmachinery.com/Spir...Conversion.htm

It seems to be a conversion kit to convert my Jet (and other brands) of 6"
and 8" jointers from standard blades to either a spiral or helical
cutterhead. What I want to know is has anyone tried one of these and what
do they think about it? The helical looks more like what Grizzly sells on
their higher end models, but the 6" spiral jointer cutterhead is only $150
upgrade (which is easier to sell to the SWMBO than the $320 helical
cutterhead conversion kit).

Thoughts?
-Winthrop

IIRC Steve Knight of Knight Tool Works just installed a helical on his
jointer. Do a google search on his name and it should come up. This was a
recent thread within the last month. I think he went with a different
vendor.

David