Harry K

Walter Cohen wrote:
I have a wood door between my garage and my basement. Why and how

the
previous owner was able to put a wood door there instead of a steel

one is
debatable but I'd like to replace it with a steel door.

As I'd like to try and tackle this myself, what is involved in

removing the
door and frame and installing the steel one? I plan on going to Home

Depot
and purchasing the door. Don't know if I should get a pre-hung door

or
what.

Thanks for your assistance.

Walter

It is a DIY job for anyone with minimum experience and a reasonable
assortment of tools. Hacksaw or recip saw, hammer, nail set(s)
(maybe), screwdriver, level, square. Instructions will be (or have in
all mine)included with the door. Someone else has layed out the basic
procedure very well.

Harry K