Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com,
Pandora wrote:
My proposed central heating system comprises a boiler, four pumps, two
zone valves, three mixing valves and two controllers.

What's the best way to provide mains power to this lot? I was planning
to install a single "heating system" radial circuit using 4mm˛ twin
and earth. This circuit would start at the consumer unit and snake its
way through the house from component to component before being
terminated at the boiler. Each component would have its own local fused
connection unit to isolate it electrically.

Does that solution seem OK? Any tips?

I'd say you need to do a bit of learning about current consumption and
cable sizes. All the components you've mentioned take a tiny amount of
current and could *probably* be fed with the smallest TW&E - ie 1mm.

Which doesn't bode well for the design of a one off heating system.

--
*A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.