RonKZ650

Blowing speakers from a pop seems kind of unlikely. How in the heck
LOUD do they pop? I never heard a pop out of one with the mute disabled
or saw one I repaired or any other tech repaired with a blown speaker.
Of course better off to fix the set right though. Not that I recommend
it, but an easier way to disable it, should anyone choose, is to take 3
seconds to solder bridge the B-E of the mute transistor. Not
recommended of course. I believe the corruption is just the eprom has
the speakers adjusted to "off" and since the set up menu on the
effected models, mainly low line models with no external jacks does not
include the option to turn speakers on and off, there is no way to turn
the setting back to "on".I believe the mute is basically just there to
enable the speakers to turn on/off on models with that option. I'm not
sure about the "pop" theory. I sure never heard it.
wrote:
Google this group for the procedure to turn the speakers back on,

easy
to do.

I have replaced several blown speakers, especially in the 175 series,
where someone prior tech bypassed the mute circuit and the constant

pop
blew it out. I would recommend against the hack approach.

David

Leonard Caillouet wrote:
Has anyone mapped the addresses in RCA TV EEPROMS to the service

parameters?
In particular, I wonder where the audio mute problem is coming

from.
I do
not have a chipper check but use a generic programmer and would

like
to be
able to salvage service parameters on some EEPROMS and salvage

chips
with
the audio mute problem.

I don't keep a selection of the chips in stock anymore and would

like
to be
able to turn the sets around faster with less inventory and parts

ordering.

Searched the archives, likely repair groups, and the FAQ and did

not
find
anything on the actual addresses of the parameters.

Leonard