George

"George Max" wrote in message
Food for thought!

Do they make aprons containing those ceramic bullet proof plates that
can be used for table saw operators (and others)?

One of the first things I was taught, and I taught, was to stay the hell
clear of the firing line. I took it to heart, and to the lathe, too. It
was an automatic "D" for the day to activate/operate in the throw zone.
Automatic "F" to use the equipment when someone else was in it.

Won't find me anywhere in that disintegration zone on the lathe, either. I
also try to remember that a shaving _cut_ from a piece falls. One _torn_
from a piece flies.