In misc.survivalism Dave Hinz wrote:

When is the last time a movie of a book you enjoyed was anywhere near as
good? Gone With the Wind, maybe? Movies about books are good for spending
a bit of enjoyable time (at best), nothing more.

The Return of the King was quite good.

Before that, I'd have to way back to Slaughterhouse 5. No, maybe not that
far - Fight Club was excellent.

Generally, I agree with you. Movies are rarely as good as the book.

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,