Brian

Default JVC Car CD Player Repair info needed, wanted, ....

Hi,
I have a JVC KD-LH7R Car CD/MP3 player, works Ok apart from the Volume
control. The control is one of the modern type, not a potentiometer, but
I assume it sends some kinds of pulses to the electronics when turned.
Its got a detachable faceplate. Anyway sometimes it works and the volume
can be adjusted, but you need to turn it a lot, sometimes it gets
quieter instead of louder, etc.
I took the face plate to pieces and the right hand side of the
electronics is loose, but I cannot get the side where the volume control
is to come away from the front covering, it really is fixed. No screws
or other things to be seen. I assume if I can ge the electronics out
then I can see the moving parts and then maybe blow air through them to
clean it. So, anyone know how to do that? The rear cover came off OK
with fours screws, they go through the electronics and into the cover
(that part that you see looking at the player from the front). I tried
forcing it a little but, its not just stiff, it is fixed somehow.

Cheers Brian