Matthew

Default New rads help?

Hi,

We have recently moved to a larger house with what has turned out to be
an unusual heating system. We have just had all the rads replaced with
Stellrads and a new Grundfoss SS pump fitted. It turns out that
downstairs is a single pipe system in the solid floor but upstairs is
modern two. The upstairs rads are fine but downstairs still are not
very efficient. I have tried balancing the system by stopping down all
the upstairs rads so that they are only open half a turn and this has
helped downstairs. I dont really want to get involved with putting a
dual pipe system in downstairs however I do have an idea to improve
things further, what if I insert a stop down valve in the main pipe
feed to the upstairs system therefore forcing more water downstairs?
Practical? Difficult?
BTW Is it common practice to run a Grundfoss SS on the highest speed
setting 3?

Thanks for any advice,
Matthew