IMM

Default How to extend a badly positioned condesing boiler flue?

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Not everybody will benefit from an academic
university education. That's obvious
because not everybody is
academically gifted.

They must be academically gifted to be
accepted for uni. Can't you figure that out?

If you lower the standard enough,

Proof of lowered standards please.

Search on Google. There are dozens of references

That is all opinion.

Tory thinking is class ingrained.

Really?

Yes. Their main aim is a ruling class of people and the upkeep of the
system that maintains this system: fee paying schools, Oxbridge,
aristocracy, land being in the hands of the privileged few, royal family,
etc. A system not based on merit. That is abundantly clear. Only a fool
cannot see it.

To make this exist you need class levels. You also need a propaganda
machine to make those at the lower levels accept this absurd retrograde
system.

There is no reason why people from
one class or background or another
should be more or less academically
able or more or less practically able.

That is true, then why is it that Oxbridge
has 50% of its students from fee
paying schools.

What does that have to do with anything,

See above fools not seeing it.

You have an assumption that those
going to uni are not capable. Tory class
badgering again.

Nothing to do with that. If somebody
doesn't have academic ability,
they don't have academic ability and
that's that.

If they don't, they don't go. Simple.

Class, if indeed
it exists at all, has nothing to do with it.

British society is ingrained with class. It permeates most of society. How
many council estate kids have ever been an ambassador? Only fool cannot see
it.

I happen to be reasonably able academically. I can't play football
or plaster walls to save my life. People make perfectly good
livings out of both of these.

The last three are mainly working class.

Only in your stereotyped view of life

It is a fact.

The mistake is in not accepting that
but in dropping standards to make
it happen.

No proof of this.

There's no need for any - it's blindingly obvious.

Proof please.

Search on Google.

I see only Tory opinions.

I used to be subjected to football and cross country running at
school. I hated both and they didn't benefit me one iota because I
was useless at them.

Made you fit.

I had plenty of other ways to do that.

How can you be useless at running? Even if you come last you still run and
it makes you fit.

It has nothing to do with those at all.
You can have excellence in particle
physics and excellence in
carpentry. Both are important to society
as a whole.

But you want the carpenter to come
from the council estate. How dare
they sent him to a uni with your kids in!

I haven't said that at all

Clear implication.

There must be some very odd
things going on in your head

Not my head, my reading. What you write.

Landowners are rich
through rip off. They hold the country back.

Outdated ideas of a class system

You have no idea of how British society is structured. I have given you a
few books to read. Please read them. Any problems get back to me and I will
clarify.

You still don't get it. Only a few own
the vast majority of the land. Our
land, as we own it as we have sovereignty
over it.

Ownership is defined by who holds the title.
End of story.

No. Ownership is the Crown, which filters down to the state. Title gives
you permission to use the land.

I repeat. I will write is slowly as I know you can't think and read fast.

" You still don't get it. Only a few own the vast majority of the land. Our
land, as we own it as we have sovereignty over it."

This acts as a lead weight around the necks of the British people.

I don't have the time to waste and split
hairs over land and property.

You should, as you know very little of
what hold the country back.

I don't have the time to waste on
reflecting on nonsense like that.
If you want to, then that is up to you.
I'm not interested.

You still haven't a clue how Britiain works.

I don't consider myself to be ripped
off in this regard

Because you don't know. You have
been subject to propaganda over your
lifetime, sucked it in and love it. That is
very sad.

The significant ripping off that is going on
is excessive taxation and
government intervention.

This dissipates your brainwashed perception. Myths exploded.

1) CHALLENGING THE MYTHS: WHAT IS THE COUNTRYSIDE FOR? (LONDON, 4/12/01)

Chris Baines, Vice President of the Wildlife Trusts; & Trustee, National
Heritage Memorial Fund Alan Evans, Professor of Environmental Economics,
University of Reading

Alan Evans argued that the term 'countryside' is loaded with a specific
meaning. It implies a pastoral, agricultural landscape - farmed and pretty.
Equating the countryside with farming has led to special treatment for the
agricultural industry. Farmers are perceived to be the custodians or
'stewards' of the countryside, which results in an acceptance of subsidies
to the industry and its special treatment in the planning system. A set of
myths help underpin the view that agriculture should be financially
supported and left free from aspects of planning control.

1. The first is the myth of 'over-urbanisation' - the view that the rate of
development of greenfield land is too high.

2. The second is the 'green belt myth' - that planning protection for green
belts will provide recreational and amenity land for the benefit of urban
dwellers.

3. The third is the 'sustainability myth' - that urban containment
contributes to sustainability objectives.

Professor Evans challenged each of these myths. He argued that the
countryside is about much more than farming and, moreover, because the urban
majority bears most of the cost of current rural policies, they should have
a legitimate say in shaping these policies.

This from the Tory New Statesman, your darling publication.
http://tinyurl.com/2udwc