WhyKnot

The system I mentioned in my other post (sans UV and other frills)
cost less than $6,000, but remember, it's a high-efficiency 2-stage
furnace. Talk to Betlem and Van Hee; they'll give you a system to
meet your needs and price constraints.

Betlem = $7800 plus
we're paying cash for this, so financing isn't a worry (I refinanced the
house to do this)
they wanted to put in a Carrier or a Goodman

(I think one more quote could put me over the edge of sanity.) While I do
appreciate you suggesting I try more quotes, I hesitate to call Van Hee at
this point. The real problem is, I'm gone from 7:30 am to about 6:30 pm
weekdays and it's near impossible to get these guys to come and do estimates
any time but weekdays 8-5 and Saturday mornings. I need to decide with who
I've gotten, I think. Quotes from 5 different and varied places seems like
it should have given me something to work with. With about 100 places
locally to choose from, I could keep getting quotes till the cows come home
and only confuse me more by the day. I have other work I need done and I
have to move on with other quotes, once I see how much money I have left.

But thank you!