Unquestionably Confused

Larry Jaques wrote:

Rain-X is also used on aircraft windshields, so I'm sure it's OK.
I polished my computer and reading glasses with it and the polycarb
lenses on both are fine.

Okay as far as damaging the poly but I was more concerned that the
Rain-X would do nothing to remove the smaller scratches you referenced.
I took a look at the Rain-X bottle I have and this not billed as a
cleaner but rather a topping after you have the windshield scrupuously
cleaned with other chemicals, etc. To remove the scratches there should
be some microabrasive component to the Rain-X, no?

Also the ingredients are two kinds of alcohol and siloxyate (Sp?) Could
this be a dreaded silicone act alike? It's a stretch but should any
product with silicones even be in the shop? That **** is so persistent
you never can get rid of it.

windscreens, etc. on aircraft. That I HAVE used on plastic and it does
a great job. Also a great job on painted metal. I think I still have
some left and I know I have a face shield that needs to be thrown away.
If I can find both I'll introduce them to each otherg

Haven't found the can yet, but haven't spent much time digging yet - nor
have you seen my garage and shop areag

What I did do is search on the product using Google and came up empty.
Could be that even if it does work, if you don't already have a can
you're out of luck. Still looking thoughg