PaPaPeng

On 9 Apr 2005 19:34:17 -0700, "Sasha" wrote:

Which recessed lights 4" or 5" are most suitable for kitchen with 8'
ceiling? How far should they be spaced apart? I read 32" from the wall
is an optimal distance for the recessed lights. I visited HomeDepot
today and found they have Halo and Commercial Electric recessed lights.
I used only Halo 6" throughout my house and do not have any complains.
Commercial electric seems to be cheaper then Halo. Is it good brand?

Up in Alberta I don't see recessed lights being sold in big box stores
any more. There are certainly no such lights in the newer (10yr)
houses I've been to. I remember news reports from something like 15
years ago where there were a number of house fires due to heat
build-up in the ceiling insulation over the recessed pots due to
improper installation or whatever. You may want to consider this fire
risk possibility first before deciding whether recessed ceiling lights
are worth their looks.