Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:14:17 GMT, Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk wrote:

When finally completed we'll have the upstairs
(Living/kitchen-Dining/Hall/Study) areas on individual bi/met stats
and the downstairs (bedrooms/bathroom) on separate timer using
T/static valves so we _should_ get the best of both worlds..... I a
hope. :=AC)

I don't think you will unless you religiously adjust the simple stats
all the time. Remember when the system is on it's on and the rooms
will run to their set temps with no regards to the time of day.

I doubt that you'll knock each rooms stat back as you leave a room,
it'll be set at what ever that room is comfortable at and stay there,
whether the room is likely to be used or not. If you are going to the
trouble and expense of all those stats and zone valves (is it a wet
system?) a programmable stat, even a simple one for =A340, will give you=

much better control. Remember that heat loss is proportional to the
temp difference you loose more energy from a room maintained at 21C
than you do from one at 18C.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail