Scott Lurndal

Unquestionably Confused writes:
NorthIdahoWWer wrote:
I was assuming that the foaming action would make the glue cover the area.
It was a 2.5" wide board. Thing is, the instructions are very sparse on the
bottle. It just says to dampen both surfaces, says nothing of spreading.
Even Elmers' website gives no details on how to use the glues.

Well, now you know but that still leaves the question of non-foaming,
non-expansion. There should have been some and there wasn't if I read
your post correctly.

The single bead would have had very little surface area to contact
moisture on the wetted surface. Not getting foaming in this case
is perfectly understandable.

Use a small (3" x 5") piece of formica to spread the glue in a thin
layer over one piece and wet the other with a sponge so that the
entire contact area is moist. As Steve pointed out, for oily
tropicals wet the surface that you spread the glue on before
spreading the glue.