Arch

Geoff, With only 388 posts on rcw today, I can waste bandwidth without
guilt. Not to disagree or be disagreeable, but I wonder how much these
various coatings over wood are for waterproofing. I know of many cypress
troughs and oak kegs that havn't leaked. Wooden boats used to be glassed
mostly for worm protection not for waterproofing. Henry has forgotten
more about leaks than I ever knew, but at least for strip canoes the
West System seems as much for making a strong monolithic hull as for
waterproofing. That said, I'd use epoxy too.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter