Rob

15+ years ago I worked for GE for a summer making the Zirc tubes for
nuclear fuel bundles. Once in a while I'd work the deburring line
where we used a hand deburring tool to take the burrs of the 25mm
tubes. If you really cranked on the tool the shavings would come off
on fire! Great fun! After finishing each bundle of tubes, we swept up
the shavings and put them in a barrel filled with water.

Getting back to the original question, at GE the tubes came in 50cm in
diameter and were reduced to 13mm. This was done with hydro-pneumatic
tube reducers (HPTR). This was a cold process where the tube forced
through a smaller diameter orifice to reduce the diameter and at the
same time lengthen the tube. I don't know if you could do something
similar.

Rob