Edwin Pawlowski

"G W" wrote in message news:uvX5e.3950$jd6.700@trnddc07...

While all my friends are laying laminate floors in their slab basements, I
decide
to use the ceremic tiles as ceremic tile floor:
1. Last longer.
2. Don't need to worry about water spills, and would not cost as much
damage
if basement get flooded from power outage (sump pump).
3. Less worry about bring dirt into basement from the backyard.

However, laminate floor is more appearing, and feels more comfortable,
particularly
we don't wear shoes in the main floor.

I went with engineered wood. www.mannington.com Looks and feels better
for a living space, IMO. Ceramic is a superior product in the ways you
point out, but it just does not look as nice in the family room in New
England. I had thought about tile for accents where the door is and around
the wood burning stove that is now on slate. Just figured it may be too
many elements.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/