G W

Default Walk Out Basement: Ceremic Tile or Laminate floor?

While all my friends are laying laminate floors in their slab basements, I
decide
to use the ceremic tiles as ceremic tile floor:
1. Last longer.
2. Don't need to worry about water spills, and would not cost as much damage
if basement get flooded from power outage (sump pump).
3. Less worry about bring dirt into basement from the backyard.

However, laminate floor is more appearing, and feels more comfortable,
particularly
we don't wear shoes in the main floor.

Now question is, do most people prefer laminate floor, and therefor make the
house
easier to sell, or sells for more?

We will stay in this house for 20+ years, I hope. The laminate are ususally
warranted for
25 years or more. The total cost for ceremic is a little cheaper than
laminate floor.