Beeper

I don't know how much you're willing to spend or how much ceiling heigth you
have but there is a product called gypcrete which is poured as a liquid. It
is pretty much self leveling. we used it for a underfloor heat pour. They
poured it 3 inches but you'd have to talk to a distributor for price and
minimum thickness. you can walk on it 2-4 hours after pour, it's perfectly
level and resembles concrete. 2 years ago we spent just shy of $2.00 a
sq.ft. for a cash deal and we had to supply the mason sand. 8-10 ton if I
remember correctly. But if you intend on tiling, in my opinion, it's the way
to go.
"BluesDrummer" wrote in message
Greetings all,

Could anyone give a recommendation on a floor leveling compound?
I have a poored concrete basement floor in an 84 year old house. There is
a floor drain in the floor and the floor slopes to the drain. The slope is
significant and I would like to build up the existing drain and remove the
slope. I have been in the house for 6 years and have never had water in
the basement. The previous owner carpeted but did a lousy conversion to
recreational space. I am planning to redo the conversion and the floor
slope is really evident with furniture in the room sloping to the center.
If this is done with a compund is there a max on thickness that can be
done ? Can this be increased with more than one pour?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated