Andy Dingley

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:23:40 +0100, "Jeff" wrote:

I agree there might be different types but they are all Bowden Cables

These things are Victorian in origin. Bowden's innovation and patents'
were in finding a way to make them so they'd accurately transmit a
position. he was fortunate to do this at a time when expanding
aircraft production made a demand for them as control cables.

I dare say you can find suitable brake cables "made by Bowden". Some
of the Teleflex ones are double layered, one of each wrapping. But in
the generic sense, be careful and use the right sort.