John Kane wrote:
I have a mid-terrace house with a loft conversion underway. Above the
bay windows at the front of the house, there is a gable-like (ie
triangular projection from the main roof, sorry dont know the proper
term). This is now partioned off from the main loft space and I have
been gifted a cupboard about 2.2 metres deep, 1200mm wide and 1200
high. The catch is that there is a 300mm drop over the threshold into
the cupboard i.e. the new floor in the main area of the loft is

raised
above the original rafters which support the floor in this cupboard.

Apart from making it into a bijou studio flat for the lodger, I am at
a loss on how to exploit this space.

Ideas so far?

Sounds like a built in wardrobe to me, but your figures are anything
but clear.

NT